I have been reading “The Magic” by Rhonda Byrne. You are suppose to read this book for 28 days (a chapter a day) and everyday you write 10 things you are grateful for. Since the last couple of posts have been about my relationship with myself, today’s chapter in “The Magic” was to focus was on being grateful for yourself. I am on day 26 of this book and I have kept with the writing of 10 things I am grateful for everyday. Some days I write, think, and feel grateful for things as simple as our chairs at the dining room table and other days I feel blessed for a certain heartache because it has made me the woman I am today. This alone has changed my life. I feel calmer and feel that I can handle things better than before. It has turned misunderstandings, frustrations, and hate into gratitude, wonder, and love.
These are 10 things I am grateful for.
- I am happy and grateful for my body because it is strong and beautiful. My body is able to do the things that I want and need all day. I am able to walk, breathe, smell, taste, listen, read, sing, sleep, and eat. My body can do anything and everything, how amazing is that?! Thank you, God!
- I am deeply blessed to be lost because it is giving me the opportunity to explore my life. I am building a relationship with myself (and with God). I’m a little all over the place right now and that is okay because I am more me today than I have ever been. Thank you, God.
- I am truly grateful for my ambition and passion because it has helped to get me where I am today. My ambition helped me to accomplish all my dreams so far (going to school, losing weight, learning to love myself, joining the Peace Corps, etc) and my passion has allowed me to do all of my dreams with authenticity and love. Thank you, God.
- I am truly grateful for my lungs because it allows me to breathe. Breathing gives me life and makes me FEEL alive. When I sit outside and take a deep breathe, I breathe in energy and life. It is these moments that I feel like I am soaring, I feel like myself, untamed, and it is all because of my lungs! Thank you, God.
- I am deeply blessed to be me because I am unique. I am brave, kind, and resilient. I know that I can help people and do. I have changed people’s lives for the better by being compassionate and genuine. I have so much that I can, want, and will give to the world. Thank you, God.
- I am happy and truly grateful that I feel everything because it has made my life so meaningful and beautiful. My feelings have allowed me to appreciate the little things in life and experience so many wonderful people, places, and things. I have been able to feel what others feel (good and bad) and that is a gift. By feeling, I have been able to walk along side others. Every feeling has made me a better person. Thank you, God.
- I am truly grateful that I love to dance because dancing gives me life. I am blessed that I can dance like no one is watching. I dance anywhere and everywhere- my living room or at the grocery store. Dancing brings me to life and makes me smile. Thank you, God.
- I am deeply blessed that I don’t care what other people think of me because it has allowed me to live my life as me. I always stay true to myself and do the things that bring me joy and I put myself out there. It is because of this that I do not live my life with regret. I LIVE. Thank you, God.
- I am happy and truly grateful for my smile because when life gets rough, I always know how to smile and see the light. When I smile, I feel the rest of my body relax. I know that when I smile that it is real because I see and feel the positive in every situation. There is something beautiful in everything and when I see it, I can’t help but to smile. That beauty that is seen, is a gift. Thank you, God.
- I am truly blessed to have curly hair because it is me! My curly hair is crazy, messy, wild, and all over the place just like my personality. It fits me perfectly and I wouldn’t want it (or to be) any other way! It is beautiful and the best part- I don’t have to do anything with it in the mornings. My mornings are made simple! Thank you, God.
“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” -Denis Waitley
“Man in the Mirror” -Michael Jackson